Monday, May 17, 2010

I'm at Captain's

This place is amazing.
Basically a local guy who lives near the trail.. offers his living room to thru-hikers to sleep in. I got a shower and was able to cook on his stove. He's a really nice guy. I'm here with my friend Green Dog who I'd first met in Irwin I believe. As well as three other thrus who I met yeasterday.
I'm almost shocked at how awesomly nice this guy is for to be able to open his home to thru-hikers. I'm very thankful.

Trail Days in Damascus was an awesome time.. It was awesome to be able to see so many people who had hiked ahead or else whom I had passed.

A big thanks to Hyways TrailTalk friends, Chainsaw drove me down there and Arthur gave me and Hyway a ride back. I got there Wednesday night and had a few beers...

Thursday, Friday and Saturday was kind of a non-stop party after that. I ran into Aly and Jeff in town at the Dairy King but I didn't see them afterwards
I also saw both of my friends from Penn State -Brooke aka Wampus Cat and Nick aka Grumps.. but only for a little bit.

I got to hang out with Didgeridude and Doodlebug a bit,, it was neat that they knew some of "Team Go-Dat" Cotton, Holy Smoke and Slackamus.

That was where I hung out the majority of the weekend,,with Slack, Holy Smoke, Cotton, Squash and Trinket. Team-Go-Dat all the way.

The hiker parade was great and there was alot of Water war-fare ala balloons and guns and the such. Then there was a drum circle every night and on Friday a local jam band played called Native Sway.. It was pretty sweet. Something I'll never forget and something that I'm looking forward to comming back to next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment