Thursday, May 27, 2010

about to Enter Shenandoah

Hello All.

So I made it to Shenandoah and I'm currently in the Waynesboro Public Library,, I finally got to upload some pictures.. but I didn't get to spend 3 hours editing them in Picasa so they may not be as great as they could be..

This past week my Parents came down and helped me out by slackpacking me from mile 660 to Mile 803. in the Span of 6 days I walked 143 miles (24 miles a day roughly),, and while I didn't have a full pack on... walking 33 miles in one day and walking for 13 straight hours with just a few 20 minutes breaks in between Does take it toll and I was pretty tired some of the days... The stay was made even better by the fact that a few of my trail friends came along and were able to share the cabin that my mom and dad rented with me.

My parents got a cabin near the Peaks of Otter (T... I think you would have loved the area if you had decided to take that position,, it was a very picturesque area.)

Anyway we got the cabin for 3 nights and Patch and Grolar Bear and Pixie all came along and were wined and dined by my mom and dad. We had a home cooked breakfast and dinner everyday.

I can't thank my parents enough for coming down. It was awesome. I love them very much. Thanks Mom and Dad.

So anyway I'm in Waynesboro,, I've only got 26 minutes left on this computer and I'm going to go check out my photos that I uploaded... I'll post a link momentarily

No comments:

Post a Comment