Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Pictures






Those pictures in the blog post below are, first the Diamond size hale-ice,, me and my parents at the start,, sunset on the top of Blood Mountain,, snickers break and Me wearing my 100%Cashmere Hat,, which has duely gotten me my trail name of Kashmir... and another of me at the official Start of the Trail

These next ones in this current post are of GA/NC border

the crazy snow
and some of us checking out the Second Biggest Poplar ?sp? Tree in America,, it was dead and not very tall but it would have been huge if still alive,,

That's all for now, I'll update the next time I can

3 comments:

  1. Jake and Quentin are keeping track of your progress on a map. They call it "Where on the AT is Joe?"
    Whenever we get an update from you we will color another section of your journey.
    Jacob has this question: What kinds of animals are you seeing?
    Happy trails!
    -Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWESOME!!!!
    that's cool...
    Jacob-- so far the animal life has not been extremely active, there have been just a few squirrels and some small blueish grey song birds,, I saw a few mice in the shelters along the way but that has been it. I'm about to head into the Smokie mountains so with the Extremely dense bear population,,, I'm expecting a few bear sightings there... but not many animals so far.

    I've been hearing Owls at night,, or in the early mornings though which is pretty neat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is Teresa - the bluish gray songbirds you're seeing are probably blue-gray gnat-catchers. They're pretty common in the southern states.

    ReplyDelete