Friday, March 26, 2010

Friday Zero

So yeasterday I got into Fontana and Spent the night at the Hike Inn with another thru-hiker Yanni

The owners were really great, and for 40 bucks they picked us up and then drove us into Reynoldsville where we went to an Excellent,, very authentic mexican restaruant, where I had two Chicken Fajitas.. and then to Ingles where I resupplied.

It was a great stay and then, I'm now at the Fontana Village Resort where i'm using their internet and taking a Zero day at the Fontana Dam Shelter... which is called the Fontana "Hilton" mainly because there are public showers and restrooms nearby.
So a zero day today and then I'll be heading out Tomorrow into the Great Smokie Mountains.

I'm feeling Great and the hiking has been fantastic,, the smokies are going to be cold but fortunetely passable. Hopefully in between a few rainy/snowy days coming up the skys will be clear and I'll be able to enjoy the great views that this Park has to offer.

I'll either check back in if I decide to stop and head down to Gatlinburg,, in between the Smokies or else I'll check back in once I get out of them in Hot Springs.
Either way these next 70 or so miles is going to be a rough and beautiful stretch,, the Smokies is the Nations Most Visited National Park,, more people than Yellowstone and Yosemite combined each year,, I'm looking forward to it....

Until Next Time
Joe aka _Kashmir_
signing off

1 comment:

  1. Great reading Joe. we got a letter from your parents and they had a good trip to the ship. I hope that you've had enough food for the last hike. Watch out for those bears!!!! I think we should all do what Jacob and Quentin are doing...marking a map. How many miles have you completed? Hope it isn't too cold. Oh, Uncle Bob wants to know if you have smoked any cigars? Bye and have fun and pray and find a Church for Mass. Your Godmother, Aunt Mary

    ReplyDelete