Friday, August 20, 2010

It is Done.





I don't really know where to start... or really where to finish with this blog post. I climbed Mt. Khatadin on August 17th( leaving at 3 am in an attempt to catch the sunrise up on top). It turned out to be quite cloudy however and it was kind of chilly up there. Scruggs, Corny, Castor and Orbit had left about 30 minutes before me so when I got there at about 6:15... I was greeted by those nice fellows at the top.

I expected to climb up there and be filled with massive waves of emotion and start to cry. However (while I definitly teared up) seeing Corny up there just made me Laugh.

He's about my age and an aspiring actor... and he's just plain funny. He'll just act ridiculous and play like a strange character for alot of the time... So seeing him up there immediately put me in a good mood. Him Castor and Scruggs had all bought business type suits to wear for the summit picture up top. I'll try to post a picture.

Anyway,, they were up there when I got there and it was still early so we all kind of just hung around waiting for the sky to clear up from 7 AM onward.

By the time it was approaching noon there were around 40 day hikers hovering around the top of the mountain... so to get there at like 6 and have about 2 or 3 hours to reminisce and joke around with those guys was pretty cool.

I think I'm going to wait until tomorrow to develop my thoughts on the end further... I think that I could literally sit here for 2 hours and write about how this last stretch of my journey has been and fill in on things via reminiscing. I plan on doing that.. perhaps when I move into my room in State College tomorrow.

That is something that I am scared of. Going back to Happy Valley..... I'm surprisingly apprehensive about how I am going to take the college lifestyle.

This past Fall semester was quite enjoyable and the spring delivering pizzas wasn't that bad either. I just don't know how I'm going to cope being back.

I'll see how it goes and I'm going to plan on filling in the rest of this blog sometime tomorrow....

for now I'll put up a couple picture and say Thanks for Reading.

Thank You also to everyone who supported the Hikestrong Effort.
Together as a group we're up to over $10,000 so far for the Lance Armstrong Foundation.. I am grateful to have been a part of the effort that Aly and Jeff put together.

P.S. I don't think i got that "Perfect" Khatadin Picture.. I have about 10 really good ones that will have to do. Whatever.... I'll be writing again soon.
I'm home in Kennerdell at the moment by the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment